Tuesday, September 21, 2010

First Surgery

I just realized I'm a horrible blogger and let too much time go by between posts, so I apologize!!! Parker had his first (and hopefully only) surgery this past Friday. He had to have a circumcision revision and go under general anesthesia! He definitely did MUCH better than I did! We had to be at the hospital at 6am to get admitted in Day Surgery and fill out paperwork. Everyone was so sweet and patient...but most of all they treated me like a mom and not as a nurse (they found out I worked there). They answered all my questions and I had a ton of them!!

We then moved to the OR holding area where we met his nurse and met up with the doctor. About 8am, they said it was time and came to get him. I gave him a kiss and the tears started pouring out! I knew it was a simple surgery, but as a nurse I know too much about general anesthesia! Scott was awesome and very patient with me. The nurses and staff were very understanding and were just as incredible!! We went out to the waiting room and sat with my mom and in about an hour, it was over and we were taken to the recovery room.

The recovery room was difficult. I was warned about how babies and children come out of anesthesia and are not happy with the world! This was definitely the case with Parker! He was less than pleased and then would pass out for a few minutes. Then wake back up and scream, then pass back out. Luckily he did more passing out than screaming!! I felt completely heart broken for him!

Once we got home and got him since and medicated, he did a lot of sleeping the rest of the day and actually slept alot the entire weekend. He didn't eat or drink much and still doesn't have much of an appetite, but I think he's teething as well! FUN! All in all, he did well and things look much better down below! It was a rough weekend and I'm glad it's behind us! Hopefully someday he'll thank me for it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment